Thursday, December 02, 2004

Syphons Curtis and Beachum

Oh, this book sucks! Suckity suck suck suck. It's a reprint of a '90s revival of an 80's series from Calibre and it sucks. I couldn't even read it. I ordered it based on an interesting description of the premise and a piece of decent looking sample art. I am such a moron.

The writing is a mess and the art is impossible to follow. Each individual panel is not bad, but the story telling is just plain bad. The spotting of blacks is completely random and it hurts my eyes just to look at a page for more that a few moments. I tried to read it. Really I did. Several times. I couldn't get more than 6 or 7 pages into it. That's how much it sucks.

You need to understand that I will read almost anything. Once I start a book I have to finish. I'm about 75 pages from the end of Ayn Rand's Atalas Shrugged and I will finish it. It's boring me to tears, but I must finish. I won't finish Syphons. I'm not even going to try.

Bad dialog. Horrible characters. Spastic cheesecake T & A art. This book is beyond sucking.

You know how sometimes a book or a movie (especially a movie) can come out the other side of bad and actually be good in that bad/good way? Well this book doesn't do that. This book is the black hole of sucking. And I spent $15.95 plus tax on it. Moron!

Whew, that feels better.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home