Thursday, September 16, 2004

Strange #1 Straczynski, Barnes and Peterson

This has not been a good week for comics. One out of four just isn't good.

I've been a fan of Dr. Strange for a long time. My favorites are still the Lee/Ditko issues, although there have been some great teams on the character over the years. Roy Thomas and Gene Colan, Steve Elnglehart and Frank Brunner and later a short run by Roger Stern and Marshall Rogers.

I was looking forward to the revamp of Dr. Strange by J. Micheal Straczynski. I've enjoyed his work on Amazing Spider-Man. Un fortunately, it's just not working for me. The whole Strange doing and student doctor stint in tibet, curing Wong, meeting the Old One, thing just bugs me. Everything doesn't have to be so neat. Not everything has to tie up into a neat little package. The world is a pretty random place and coincidences do happen.

I'll give this a few more issues. I don't really have a choice. I order my books 2 months in advance. But things better step up or Strange is going the way of Daredevil and Books of Magik.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home