Thursday, December 16, 2004

Catch Up Time

I have three weeks worth of books to look at so let's get to it.

B.P.R.D. The Dead #2 - Mike Mignola, John Arcudi and Guy Davis
B.P.R.D. is a great book. I've been enjoying it more that the Hellboy books that have been coming out in the past couple of years. Hellboy feels like he's hit a wall as far has further character development is concerned. I'm haveing a lot more fun watching Liz, Abe and Roger grow and take the spotlight. The last 2 mini series have featured art by Guy Davis which really seals the deal on these stories. There is no one better at this kind of story. If you like this kind of stuff I also recommend Guy Davis' "The Marqius" graphic novels.

Powers #7 - Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming
Powers continues to entertain. It's on the buy list. Not as high as it used to be, but still a good read.

the Question #2 - Rick Veitch and Tommy Lee Edwards
I'm liking this a lot. I expected to and I haven't been disappointed. Rick Veitch is the right person to bring this character into the 21st century while respecting the characters origins.

Y The Last Man #29 - Brian K. Vaughan, Pia Guerra and Jose Marzen, Jr.
Vaughan was trying to be misleading. He was trying to be tricksy. He was both, but the way he got out of it was weak. My basic reaction to the resolution was, "Oh, please. How lame!" That aside, I am still buying and reading this book. I have been cutting my buying drastically, because so many books just suck and I'm tired of paying for sucky books. I'm still buying this book.

Tales of the Vampires Trade Paperback - Joss Whedon and friends
Great fun. If you are a Buffy fan you need to read this. Stories by Joss and other Buffy writers and a great team of artists. One of the best reads of the past month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home