Saturday, November 06, 2004

Astonishing X-Men #6 Whedon and Cassady

This is the way X-Men should be. I took me a few issues to warm up to it. There were bits I liked in the first couple of issues, Kitty's exchange with Emma in issue #1 being a prime example, but I wasn't sure if it was going to develop into something that would last. After reading this latest issue I think it's safe to say there is something very shiny going on here. Whedon has laid the groundwork in these first six issue for what looks like a long run on the series. He's set up the big bad and I'm betting it's not the obvious choice. Kitty's in rare form, Peter's back, Wolverine is acting like Wolverine again, I finally am starting to like Scott again and Emma's a skanky psychic ho and I like her that way. Here's hoping Whedon takes his time and doesn't wrap up the story line too quickly.

1 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger jexebel said...

Really? I was so-so about it. My roomie love it though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home